Applying for accommodation is a simple 3 step application and approval process.
STEP 1 - Application forms are completed to reserve the unit
STEP 2 - Financial Assessment and Approval
- Flower Foundation reviews finances by assessing affordability for the accommodation being applied for, as well as affordability for Frail Care in the future;
- In most cases Flower Foundation will request a deed of surety to be completed. If you do not have anyone to stand as surety, this does not necessarily exclude you from purchasing a unit. In this instance please discuss your situation with us so we can provide a personalised solution.
Flower Foundation can request or call upon a surety in the future should the applicant need financial assistance with any of the following items:
- Monthly levy
- Electricity and water (cottage / flat residents)
- Laundry (cottage / flat residents)
- Maintenance and repairs (cottage / flat residents)
- Sundry medication, oxygen, dressings etc
- Gate activator and or personal panic button
- Incontinent products
- Lost keys (where applicable and on request)
- Meals and refreshments (where applicable and on request)
- Carport / garage rental (where applicable and on request)
Additional care-giver or private nurse charges. (where applicable and on request)
The object of the surety is to ensure that all applications in independent living, assisted living and frail care are covered from a financial aspect. Flower Foundation is a registered Non-profit organisation and needs to protect its interests by ensuring that all incoming applications will not become reliant on the Foundation should their funds become depleted.
STEP 3 - Medical report form completed by GP
Flower Foundation Medical Report forms must be completed and approved by a GP (General Medical Practitioners) for new applications for residency. The medicals are submitted to the Matron of the village who will meet with you for a nursing assessment.
The Medical Approval is to ensure that residents are being accommodated in apartments best suited to their health and care requirements. The GP must complete Flower Foundations medical report fully and submit with any scripts required. The Matron will appoint a time with you for the health assessment.
Once finances and medicals have been approved, arrangements will be made to sign the agreement.