Pioneer House was established in 1945 and became part of Flower Foundation in 2003. The Care Centre is situated in Oaklands and is surrounded by beautiful gardens and a charming chapel. Pioneer House Care Centre seeks to extend the years of active healthy living by providing care and assistance with day to day activities.
Assisted Living or Mid Care is when assistance is required with daily living activities like bathing, dressing, medicine administration, meals, laundry and domestic services. Our trusted, professional staff – Matrons, nurses and care staff – will be in attendance to provide you or your loved one with the care they need, as well as social and mental stimulation through the available leisure and lifestyle options at the Care Centre.
Pioneer House is within close proximity to Highlands North, Houghton, Orange Grove, Atholl, Melrose, Parkmore, Norwood, Saxonwold, Rosebank, and Waverley.
- Private rooms with en-suite bathrooms
- Nursing assistance with bathing, dressing and medication
- 3 Nutritious meals per day served in the sunny dining room
- 2 Refreshments per day enjoyed on patio or in your room
- Emergency button for rapid response by Care staff
- Daily cleaning of rooms
- Occupational Therapist
- Shuttle services
- Visiting doctor and podiatrist
- Hairdresser on site
- Serene interdenominational chapel on site
- Two cosy lounges for residents to relax in
- Mobile library
- Shared accommodation (en-suite and not en-suite) from R16 000
- Single accommodation (en-suite and not on en-suite) from R19 800
- Temporary rates R750 per day
Levies include 24hr care, 3 nutritional meals a day, regular refreshments, daily cleaning service, laundry, nurse call buttons and exercise classes.
Flower Foundation, It’s a Good Life.